I just scheduled my JNCIE-SEC exam for June 19, 2013!
I’m fairly confident I could take it now and pass, but I thought I’d give myself a couple of months to truly dive into configs, case studies, etc. I already have the other 2 JNCIE’s and the lab-based JNCIP, so I know how the testing process goes, I just need to be sure I know the content of this one.
So, what am I going to be using for study materials?
- 2 Juniper SRX100H
- I’m thinking about purchasing a J2320 or another SRX100H… Not sure yet.
- 1 ESXi Server (5.0) (Mac Mini with 16GB Ram)
- 7 Firefly VMs (12.1)
- 3 Homebrewed Security Olives (10.0)
- JUNOS Security (from Amazon)
- The iNET ZERO JNCIE-SEC workbook (https://www.inetzero.com/workbooks-jncie-sec)
Websites I’ll be Reading
- The JNCIE-SEC Wiki (http://jsrx.juniperwiki.com/index.php?title=JNCIE-SEC)
- Stefan Fouant’s Prep tips (http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2011/09/12/preparation-tips-for-the-jncie-sec-exam/)
- Stefan Herbst’s JNCIE-SEC Prep Blog (http://jncie-sec.exactnetworks.net)
- The JNCIE-SEC Google Group Prep (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jncie-sec-prep)
Looks like I’ll be doing a bit of reading in the next few months!
If anyone else has any recommendations, let me know and I’ll take a look.